Telecom, ICT and internet
Published: 16 May 2013 Modified: 16 May 2013
The Netherlands, with its sophisticated glass fibre ioptic infrastructure, is one of the most wired countries in Europe. With the presence of the supervisory body OPTA (Postal and Telecommunications Authority), and the NMA (Netherlands Competition Authority) and the immense possibilities for initiating and expanding on existing digital networks, The Hague is an ideal location for Telecom and Internet companies to settle.
A short list of leading companies in this field already present in The Hague include: KPN Telecom, T-Mobile, ZTE, Nokia, Huawei, Samsung, Ortel, Siemens, T-systems.
There are at least 3 active network communities providing excellent opportunities for networking and collaboration for the ICT and Telecom industries in the region:
- Telecom Netwerk Den Haag (TNDH): a fast growing business network (2.700 members) related to ICT, Internet and Telecom.
- ICT Kring Delft: network organisation founded by IT entrepreneurs in Delft. 100 members - which are small to medium sized companies specialized in software development, hardware, IT services and research.
- ICT Sociëteit Zoetermeer: Telecom/ IT networking events organized by the city of Zoetermeer
FACTSHEET_ICT_TELECOM.pdf (PDF, 2212 kB)
Universities and institutes in The Hague region related to Telecom, ICT and Internet disciplines
- Delft University of Technology
- Academy for IT/ Telecom and Media at Haagse Hogeschool
- Hogeschool In Holland, dept. Associate & MSc International Communication Management,
- TNO, dept. Information and Communication Technology.